Yield Farms allow users to earn OBOS while supporting Oboswap by staking LP Tokens.
Yield Farm APR calculations include both:
- LP rewards APR earned through providing liquidity and;
- Farm base rewards APR earned staking LP Tokens in the Farm.
Why? Because when you stake your LP tokens in a farm to earn OBOS, you're still providing liquidity to the liquidity pool, so you earn LP rewards as well!
Could not load image
So how do we calculate those figures?
The Farm Base APR is calculated according to the farm multiplier and the total amount of liquidity in the farm -- this is the amount of OBOS distributed to the farm.
On top of that, farmers receive LP rewards for providing liquidity. Here's an example of calculating LP rewards:
In the WBNB/BUSD pair above, we see these values:
Liquidity: $387.42M Volume 24H: $96.97M Volume 7D: 709.73M
- Calculate yearly fees
- Use the 24H volume to calculate the fee share of liquidity providers in the pool (based on the 0.17% trading fee structure): $96,970,000*0.17/100 = $164,849
- Next, use that fee share to estimate the projected yearly fees earned by the pool (based on the current 24h volume): $164,849*365 = $60,169,885
- We can now use the yearly fees to calculate the LP rewards APR: That's yearly fees divided by liquidity: ($60,169,885/$387,420,000)*100 = 15.53% LP reward APR